|Newer page:||version 3||Last edited on March 15, 2012 6:57 pm||by PhilHollenback|
|Older page:||version 2||Last edited on January 16, 2011 5:18 pm||by PhilHollenback||Revert|
Phil's Zesty Buddha's Hand Muffins
Shamelessly ripped off from the Bisquick recipe book, with some tweaks.
- 2 c Bisquick baking mix
- 2/3 c whole milk
- 1/2 c diced fingered citron zest
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- use vegetable peeler to remove skin (zest) from fingered citron (avoid white rind)
- chop zest into tiny pieces
- preheat oven to 400F
- spray muffin pan with Pam (cause I'm lazy)
- combine all ingredients
- beat with whisk 30 seconds
- give whisk to 3 year old for him to try mixing
- pour mix into muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 full
- Bake about 15 minutes
Pretty tasty but a little dry. Increase both oil and zest next time.
Maybe try adding more sugar to increase sweetness.
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 3/4 c whole milk
- 1/2 c white sugar
Increase of oil and milk made these muffins much moister. Increased sugar and switch to white sugar upped the sweetness. Better than first attempt for sure. Could definitely use even more zest next time. Larger chunks of zest give a nice texture.